Wednesday 9 January 2008

Second Life

Over the Christmas holidays I tried to use Second Life. From what i've been told/read Second Life is an online alternate universe, a 3D virtual world that exists only on the Net. By using your very own 3D avatar you are able to lead a second life, mimicking everything from a night on the town to a career in anything you want. It's a way of interacting with other people around the world and if you are serious enough you can even make money out of it.
It was quite fun but took a long time to load up, though after a while I found it quite tedious and gradually became bored of it. I enjoyed setting my online character and what she wears etc. I just wanted to see what it was like but in all honesty I didn't think it was for me  and I don't think i'll be using it again in the future. I asked other people what they thought about Second Life and there opinions vary but they are along the same lines as mine. A lot of people found that it didn't even load up and it was slow at loading each page. 

No comments: